To support quality of life initiatives in our communities by connecting people who care with causes that matter.
Established in 2005, the Community Foundation of Louisa County is the county’s leading resource for information about charitable giving and community needs. We work with nonprofit organizations to develop creative solutions to meet present and emerging needs. We take pride in preserving and carrying out the wishes of our donors.
The Community Foundation strives to create positive, sustainable change by:
- building community capital for today and for future generations;
- providing a wide range of investment opportunities for large, medium and small donors, from public and private sectors to support both general endowment and donor-directed funds
- offering opportunities for people and communities to make their ideas realities
- utilizing effective financial management including available tax incentives and professional services;
- Through our grant-making, CFLC provides resources that enrich quality of life projects and initiatives; offers opportunities for people, organizations, and communities to make their ideas realities; identifies and responds to emerging community strengths and opportunities.